
We'll start with a little story about Jack. While Shannon was a confirmed pacifier lover, Jack appears to be a thumb-sucker. He has been trying for awhile now. Every time we would give him the pacifier, his hands would fly to his mouth. He would struggle around attempting to replace it with his thumb, pull the pacifier out, and then get frustrated that he was no longer sucking on something. Well, over the last couple of days, he has been growing increasingly successful at getting his thumb in his mouth--but still with both hands up at his face.
This past Wednesday, I had myself a small celebration. I was picking out my clothes for work the next day, and decided to try on a pair of my pre-Jack pants. I actually hadn't worn them since before Shannon was born for two reasons 1) the lining needed to be fixed so my mom had them for awhile and 2) they needed to be dry-cleaned. Even though I knew I was at my pre-Jack weight, I was hesitant to try them on again since my mom had done such an awesome job finishing the lining. However, Wednesday night, I thought I'd give it a try. Woohoo!! They slipped right on with no problem and looked great too!
For some people, this would be a small thing--the people who snap back to their pre-pregnancy figure upon standing up after delivering a baby. But, this was a big deal for me. Jack is only three and half months old! I didn't lose Shannon's baby weight until 15 months after he was born (of course, I wasn't really trying either). This time, I used weight watchers' online program. I would highly recommend it for breastfeeding moms. They adjust your points for breastfeeding. While you have to watch what you eat, you still get to eat a lot--and you get to take advantage of your body's increased efficiency due to breastmilk production. So, I've lost 17 pounds since the beginning of July! I'm still hoping to lose a bit more--maybe even get to when-I-got-married thin--but I'm guessing it will take longer.
3 comments:
hey, we need a pic of you in the pants!
"ywm"... 'zat you, Jan?
This is fun, Laurie. THANKS! XXOO Margo
ywm would be Connie--Laurie's mom. She signs all things that way when directed at her chidren. It stands for your wonderful mother.
Anne
Post a Comment