Wednesday, March 12, 2008

the cake

Here are a few photos of the cake I made for Shannon's birthday. It was actually a lot of fun. While Shannon thought it was cool, he wasn't really interested in eating it. And yes, it is leaning a little to one side.

By the way, it is supposed to be James (the red isn't quite right). When I asked Shannon if he wanted a Thomas cake, he said, "I want James cake." Of course, then it changed about 10 times. But, I decided to go with James anyway, since it was what he had said the most. Here's a link to the tutorial I used.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake looks great, Laurie! Maybe I'll have to try that for Ezra on his birthday since he loves the Thomas stories/videos. Did you just come up with the design yourself or did you find a recipe somewhere for it?

Looks like Jack likes wearing hats just like Shannon does/did. He has such a great smile. :)

Unknown said...

Looks a LOT better than my attempt at a Thomas cake for Eli's 2nd birthday - so cute. Only Eli recognized it as a train. I bought the store-made version the next year! Happy Birthday, Shannon.