Friday, February 6, 2009

out of the mouth of an almost 4-year-old

Story #1452
Jack walked into Shannon's room.

Shannon, in a deadpan voice: "just nuffin', Jack, nuffin' to worry about."

Maybe I should check this out. :)

Story #1503
Background: We're trying to sell our house. We have another property picked out that we're hoping to buy if we are able to sell our house. On this property, there is a barn.

Me to Shannon as we clean his room: "We need to clean your room so we can sell the house."

Shannon: "So we can move to the barn?"

Me: "Yep."

Shannon: "It's a MESS in here!! I will never make a mess again, Mama!"

Ha!!! He has since repeated several times that he will "never make a mess again!"

Story # 1504
Shannon went to Jack's room to determine what he was playing with. Upon seeing that Jack had strewn his board books across the floor, the following ensued:

Shannon: "Jack! Don't make a mess! C'mon, Jack, you wanna clean up this mess? Don't you wanna move to my barn? C'mon, Jack, we gotta clean up this mess so we can move to my barn."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The other day Shannon was sitting on the couch ‘reading’ a book. I walked into the room, stood there and appeared, to him, to be looking for something.

Without missing a beat, he deadpanned, “They’re on your head.”

What makes this so funny is that I wasn’t looking for my glasses and have never misplaced them on my head.
-'Bramma Hootheging'