For those of you not familiar with little boy heroes, Thomas is the name of a train-character from the show "Thomas and Friends." Shannon, being a two-year-old boy, loves Thomas and his friends. So, when we heard that Thomas was coming to the local railroad, we decided to take Shannon on the excursion. He loved the trains! The train-ride itself was fun, but nothing like the train-ride I remember from my childhood trip to the Northeast. Of course, that trip was probably closer to 2 hours, and this one was only about 20 minutes--which is the right length for a two-year-old confined to a seat. :)
Now, before I share the pictures, let me explain something about Shannon. He is a very . . . contemplative little boy. So, when his face appears . . . expressionless or disinterested, it is because he is absorbing the experience in his head. He can be very animated; but in a new experience, he is very reserved--just drinking in his surroundings.
Shannon petting a goat at the petting zoo:

All of us on the train:



And, posing with Thomas:
4 comments:
Wow, I forgot to check blogs over the weekend--you posted a lot! I love all of the pictures--especially the ones comparing the two boys.
Yeah, I went a little blog-crazy. I'm sure I'll settle down. :)
i love Thomas! what a fun time. i'm glad the vermont train ride sticks in your mind.
ywm
i'm glad you remember the vermont train ride.
ywm
Post a Comment