Thursday, October 4, 2007

a few updates

Here a few updates of things happening in the cov household:

  • Jack started solids. I started Shannon at about five months too. He seems to be enjoying it.

  • We attempted the "toilet training in less than a day" method with Shannon this weekend. It was a stressful weekend, but he's getting the hang of it. He likes to climb up on the potty, throw his arms out to each side and say "ta-da!" And, he enjoys telling me that he needs to "poot in the potty"--especially when he is supposed to be going to sleep.

  • Jack is inch-worming. I noticed it first last night, but he will pull both legs up under his chest and propel himself slightly forward toward an object. Shannon crawled at 10 days shy of 6 months so it might not be too long for Jack either.

  • Jack has also gotten to the point where he thoroughly enjoys watching Shannon. He just gets the biggest smiles watching Shannon do anything. Shannon can be sitting quietly reading a book, and Jack will just talk and smile and make happy sounds. Tonight, I was helping Jack tickle Shannon, and they both got quite a kick out of it.

  • Sean has played the piano publicly. We acquired a piano from my parents about a month ago. Sean immediately began teaching himself to play. Then, the last two weeks he has played piano at church for a couple songs. He, of course, says it really isn't that big of a deal since he already understood chords from the guitar. But, I'm still amazed.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I'm impressed that you actually know, to the day, which day Shannon crawled.