Wednesday, October 24, 2007

where do big boys go pee-pee?

As part of the "toilet training in less than a day" method, you spend a lot of time talking about pottying. So, I had to get a video of Shannon answering the question, "Where do big boys go pee-pee?" Anyway, you're getting two videos because I couldn't decide which I liked better. And, because I'm his mother, I nearly fall on the floor when I watch them, but I understand that won't be everyone's reaction. :)



(Shannon translation: "Pee in potty. Not in pants.")

You might also be interested in how he's doing with the potty. Well, the potty training was a little on the stressful side, but he's doing pretty well. While at first I would have called the weekend less than a success, Shannon, as usual, has surprised me with how he learns. He will act dis-interested like he's not paying attention. Then, you give him a day and you realize he heard and absorbed EVERYTHING you said. So, while it looked like he was absently staring out the window and answering every question with a yes (despite me shaking my head no), he was really listening.

Anyway, he has a trouble sometimes during naps and at night. But, I think the trouble at naps was because he was sick, and the nights are normal. Other than that, he's only had one accident in the last several days. However, he still needs to learn to poop in the potty. So, overall, I would call the weekend a success. Hopefully we'll get the pooping thing down pretty soon, but I'm using the paper-towel-in-the-underwear trick from my mom which is helping. :)

2 comments:

Anne said...

I love the videos!!! He cracks me up. :-)

Anonymous said...

We all keep going back to the videos because they are so funny! John showed the second video to a bunch of people at his work, and they think it should be on utube. Ezra keeps asking for more as he tries to immitate Shannon. I could just keep watching them over and over! :)