Those of you outside my family might be surprised to know that I am very expressive when it comes to demonstrating/speaking love to my three boys. Shannon has gotten so used to my little pronouncements of love that he preempts them. I will often say, "Shannon, guess what?" And, since he now knows what I'm going to say, he says, "I you." (This is how he generally says "I love you.") Even if I just say, "Shannon Michael Charles!" in a happy way, he anticipates my response and says, "I you!"
So, tonight I was in the kitchen making supper. Shannon was playing with his legos in the living room. I said, "Shannon Michael Charles!!" I waited and heard nothing, so I said, "Shannon Michael!! I love you!!" Again, I hear nothing. So, I say, "Shannon!" He responds with, "Oh yeah, I love you!"
1 comment:
what a special boy
Post a Comment