Wednesday, December 12, 2007

jack's baptism

I know there aren't any pictures at the church, but I promise, he was baptized at church. :) In some of these pictures, he's posing with the bowl that Sean used to propose. Sean proposed by washing my feet in this bowl. We've had both boys baptized with it.

Another important detail is the gown Jack is wearing. It is a gown that has been in Sean's family for many, many years. Sean and his brother wore it. And, I believe Sean's mother and her father and uncle wore it. It is really quite beautiful and intricate. We weren't sure Jack would be able to fit into it, but he did.



I nearly forgot the funny part of Jack's baptism. At our church, the practice is that after our pastor baptizes the baby, an elder takes the baby and prays for him/her. Ruth was the elder praying for Jack. I had my head bowed, and I start hearing this racket--like someone messing with a microphone. I'm thinking, "who is messing with the microphone?" Then, it dawns on me. My very tactile son has gotten hold of the microphone. I look up and, sure enough, he is trying to eat the microphone. Poor Ruth. She was saying such a nice prayer, and Jack eventually turned the microphone off. Everyone laughed at the end of the prayer.

No comments: